The Blairgowrie Golf Club was founded as a private members club in 1889 and is situated in the heart of the magnificent Perthshire countryside. The Club features the renowned Rosemount and Lansdowne championship courses plus a very attractive 9-hole course which are set in heather lined avenues of pine and silver birch.
The original Lansdowne course (later to become Rosemount) was designed by Dr. Alister Mackenzie, the renowned golf course architect who also designed Cypress Point, Augusta National and many others.
In 1930 the club decided to expand the facilities yet again and engaged James Braid to re-design the course to devise a new 18 hole layout with provision for a new nine hole course. For what then became the 18 hole Rosemount course, Braid utilised some of the holes from the original Lansdowne course - the 17th is classic Mackenzie design - and incorporated some completely new holes. The nine hole course became the Wee Course virtually as it remains today.